The Young Workers Resource Centre (YWRC) are looking for a fantastic addition to their team of change makers and big dreamers located in Hamilton City.
If you are someone who is passionate and committed to empowering young people, this might just be the opportunity for you. We are on the hunt for someone to join us as our Business Manager which is a 35 hours per week position based in Hamilton but with travel throughout the Waikato region expected. You will be the right person for us if you’re looking for something more than just “a normal job” or “just another day at the office”. We expect you to be hungry for more and to have a constant desire to empower and equip young people with the skills they need to be successful in life.
The YWRC have been operating for over 20 years in the Waikato and through that time have been relentless in educating young people throughout the region on issues relating to employment rights and responsibilities. We provide a professional support service for young people already in, or getting into work, and we deliver over 100 workshops to youth per year.
You will be responsible for;
- The overall financial sustainability and business management of the organisation which includes:
– Coordinating and delivering on budget, accounting and financial obligations
– Being responsible for managing and making funding applications
– Providing support for a range of administrative activities and needs
– Collaborating with the Services Manager and governance committee to lead and grow the organisation
- The delivery of employment education workshops throughout the Waikato region which includes:
– Developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders including schools, education providers, and other youth or community organisations
– Delivering over 50 workshops personally to young people every year in the Waikato
– Identifying and developing new content or workshops to meet the needs of young people and the community
You should be able to tick off some of the boxes below or demonstrate relevant and comparable experiences:
- Experience in youth development, education, teaching, facilitation or sports/health education
- Experience in administration, accounts or business management
- The ability to work well in a team and collaborate with others for a positive impact in the community
- Experience or some knowledge in employment education or legislation
- The ability to work independently with great organisation and time management skills
- The ability to work with people from varying backgrounds and cultures
If those challenges and expectations listed above do not scare you, then we hope to hear from you soon! This is a great opportunity to make a real impact in the community and to contribute directly to the development of young people in the Waikato. We look forward to your application.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Friday, February 9th. For more information and/or a full Job Description, contact Jason Sebestian – YWRC President at [email protected] or 0210533680.