A well managed non-profit organisation will have put a Strategic Plan in place to guide the paid staff in their daily duties, and guide the organisation through the next five to ten years, which is where our Strategy at a Glance comes in.
The YWRC Strategy at a Glance is a simple factsheet that outlines our vision, values, mission statement and goals over the coming five years.
‘A fair and just future for every one.’
‘Me whai atu tātou i ngā tikanga e ōrite mō te wāheke tonutia mai.’
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
‘To empower young people regarding employment, through education and representation.’
‘Waiho mā te mātauranga me te kaitakawaenga, e tākiritia te ngākau mahimahi o te hunga Taiohi kia oho, kia mataara.’
By 2025 the YWRC will be:
- Providing services across Aotearoa.
- Structurally flexible, robust, and sustainable.
- Responsive to the needs of all young workers.
- Upholding our obligations to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- A reputable source of information on labour, work, and employment.
- Maintaining quality education.
- Increasing YWRC visibility and connection.
- Upholding the interests of youth.
- Ensuring capacity and capability.
- Remaining relevant.
- Justice / Manatika
- Agency / Whare awhina
- Leadership / Kaiārahitanga
- Connection / Tūhonotanga