YWRC | EDUCATOR | 0.8 FTE | AUCKLAND
Closing date: Monday 16 March 2020
Young Workers Resource Centre (YWRC) is a
not-for-profit organisation that provides employment relations education and
advocacy to young people aged 15-35. YWRC is committed to our vision of “a fair and just future for every one” and we
aim to realise this by empowering young people with their employment rights and
providing access to employment justice.
YWRC now seeks applications for the role of Educator (0.8 FTE – 32 hours per week). This will be a new role based in Auckland and is responsible for delivering employment relations education to young people at secondary schools, tertiary institutions, and community organisations around the Auckland region. This is a fixed-term role beginning 20 April 2020 and finishing 30 October 2020 (start date is negotiable).
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in youth development, education, teaching, and facilitation.
- Excel in public speaking and teaching environments.
- Have the ability to self-manage but also work well in a team.
- Have experience in employment relations and knowledge of employment legislation.
- Relate well to young people.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Have the ability to work with people from varying backgrounds and cultures.
- Have outstanding communication skills.
- Have the willingness to learn on the job and be open to new ideas.
- Hold a full, clean NZ driver’s license (or international equivalent) and has access to a vehicle.
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and politically aware person to join a passionate and progressive community organisation.
Applications addressed to the YWRC President close at 9am on Monday 16 March 2020 and must include both a cover letter and an up-to-date curriculum vitae. It is provisionally intended that interviews for this position will take place in Auckland on Thursday 26 March 2020.
A full position description is available
from Tony Stevens at:
Young Workers Resource Centre
DDI: 07 834 7122 Contact person: Tony Stevens