Our vision is “a fair and just future for every one” and one of the ways we contribute to achieving this is through the delivery of employment education to students all over the country. Right now, the Young Workers Resource Centre (YWRC) is looking for an Educator to add to their team of change makers and big dreamers located in Hamilton City.
If you are passionate about and committed to empowering young people, this is the opportunity for you!
We are on the hunt for someone to join us in 2020 as a fixed-term Educator. The position is 15 hours per week from(dependent on availability of the successful applicant) Monday, March 30th – Friday, September 25th,based in Hamilton; with travel throughout the country.
You will be the right person for us if you’re looking for something more than just “a normal job” or “just another day at the office”. We expect you to be hungry for social justice, and to have a constant desire to empower and equip young people with the skills they need to be successful in life.
The YWRC have been operating for over 25 years in the Waikato and through that time have been relentless in educating rangatahi throughout the country on issues relating to employment rights, responsibilities, and preparation. We provide a professional support service for young people already in, or getting into work, and we deliver over 100 workshops per year.
As Educator you will be responsible for:
The delivery of employment education workshops throughout New Zealand which includes:
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders including schools, education providers, and other youth or community organisations.
- Delivering workshops personally to young people every year.
- Meeting annual workshop quotas and key performance indicators pertaining to workshop delivery.
- Identifying and developing new content or workshops to meet the needs of young people and the community.
- Contributing to discussion around service delivery development. Bringing your own unique perspective to the wider discussions of the organisation.
You should be able to tick off some of the boxes below or demonstrate relevant and comparable experiences:
- Holds a Restricted/Full NZ driver’s license (or international equivalent) and owns a vehicle.
- Experience in youth development, education, teaching, facilitation or sports/health education.
- Excels in public speaking and teaching environments.
- The ability to work well in a team and collaborate with others for a positive impact in the community.
- Experience with or some knowledge in employment education or legislation.
- Relates well to young people.
- The ability to work independently with a great organisation
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to work with people from varying backgrounds and cultures.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- The willingness to learn on the job and be open to new ideas.
If the challenges and expectations listed above do not scare you, then we hope to hear from you soon! This is a great opportunity to make a real impact in the community and to contribute directly to the development of young people in the Waikato.
We look forward to your application.
Applications close at 1pm on Friday, February 28th. To request a full Job Description, contact Mel Martin, Service Manager on [email protected], otherwise apply by emailing us your CV and a covering letter detailing why you are the perfect fit for the YWRC.