If you are someone who is passionate about and committed to empowering young people, this is the opportunity for you. We are on the hunt for someone to join us as a fixed-term Educator, which is a 15 hours per week position based in Hamilton; with travel throughout the Waikato and BoP regions expected. You will be the right person for us if you’re looking for something more than just “a normal job” or “just another day at the office”. We expect you to be hungry for social justice and to have a constant desire to empower and equip young people with the skills they need to be successful in life.
The YWRC have been operating for over 20 years in the Waikato and through that time have been relentless in educating young people throughout the region on issues relating to employment rights and responsibilities. We provide a professional support service for young people already in, or getting into work, and we deliver over 100 workshops to youth per year.
As Educator you will be responsible for:
The delivery of employment education workshops throughout New Zealand which includes:
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders including schools, education providers, and other youth or community organisations.
- Delivering workshops personally to young people every year.
- Meeting annual workshop quotas and key performance indicators pertaining to workshop delivery.
- Identifying and developing new content or workshops to meet the needs of young people and the community.
- Contributing to discussion around service delivery development.
- Bringing your own unique perspective to the wider discussions of the organisation.
You should be able to tick off some of the boxes below or demonstrate relevant and comparable experiences:
- Experience in youth development, education, teaching, facilitation or sports/health education.
- Excels in public speaking and teaching environments.
- The ability to work well in a team and collaborate with others for a positive impact in the community.
- Experience with or some knowledge in employment education or legislation.
- The ability to work independently with great organisation and excellent time management skills.
- The ability to work with people from varying backgrounds and cultures.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- The willingness to learn on the job and be open to new ideas.
If the challenges and expectations listed above do not scare you, then we hope to hear from you soon! This is a great opportunity to make a real impact in the community and to contribute directly to the development of young people in the Waikato. We look forward to your application.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, February 8th. To apply or request a full Job Description, contact Tony Stevens, Business Manager on [email protected]