Weeknights & Weekends – Waikato
Volunteer – Two Year Fixed Role
We encourage you to look at your commitments over the coming year or two, and consider joining a forward thinking team of young people, passionate about creating fair employment experiences for rangatahi.
We’re seeking a superstar who can take and circulate meeting minutes, keep on top of the Board meeting schedule, and actively participate in the constantly evolving Board for the Young Workers Resource Centre.
If you’re interested, apply to find out more!
The YWRC Secretary is responsible for assisting the Chairperson in maintaining open communication within the Board. The Secretary is pivotal in staying on top of key dates, meeting records, and representing the organisation within his/her/their networks.
* Setting and circulating meeting agendas.
* Attending monthly governance meetings.
* Taking minutes and keeping accurate meeting records.
* Circulating meeting minutes.
* Keeping on top of YWRC policy changes and reviews.
* Keeping on top of important governance dates (ie, pay scale review, staff/performance reviews, governance training etc)
* Participating in governance training.
* Positively promoting the YWRC.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* A clean/clear police vetting check.
* Ability to attend meetings on the second Tuesday of every month.
* Willing to attend YWRC-related functions.
* Interested in achieving positive outcomes for rangatahi.
By participating in this volunteering opportunity, you are helping achieve the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goal(s):
How to Apply
Applications must be received via email, and must include both a cover letter and up-to-date CV.
Applications should be addressed to:
34 Harwood St
More information is available from:
Young Workers Resource Centre
Contact person: Arnold Andrews