We Are Hiring
Mel Martin – Services Manager
022 658 1647
The Young Workers Resource Centre (YWRC) are looking for just the right person to join their small Hamilton team in a six-month fixed-term capacity; someone that will match our youth-led and dynamic service. The Business Manager position is 35-hours per week based in Hamilton, with some regional travel expected.
The Centre has been operating for over 20-years providing services to young people between the ages of 14 – 35. The YWRC is a youth-managed community organisation with a core focus on empowering young people in their early employment experiences. We provide a professional support service for young people already in, or getting into work, and we deliver over 100 workshops per year on Minimum Employment Rights and Responsibilities in the Workplace, Sexual Harassment, Human Rights, Workplace Unions and Employment Skills Education.
At the Centre are two paid staff, who provide administrative services, advisory support to youth, and employment education delivery, which is governed by a Board of 7-10 young people under or around the age of 30.
The YWRC Business Manager is responsible for the financial position of the Centre, aiding the Treasurer in accounting and invoicing, as well as the booking and delivery of workshops in line with the Strategic Plan and key performance indicators.
Business Manager Responsibilities include:
- Liaising with schools to book workshops
- Delivery of workshops
- Travelling to and from workshops (Must hold FULL LICENSE and own a warranted + registered vehicle)
- Sending invoices to schools/groups (at the end of the week on a Friday)
- Collecting any outstanding accounts
- Keeping the funding calendar up to date and accurate
- Providing monthly funding/accountability report to the Board
- Weekly planning meetings with Services Manager
- Working with the Treasurer in setting the budget for the financial year
- Tracking the budget’s progress and spending
- Making sure bills and reports are exchanged with the Treasurer
- Everyday administration, appointment booking, and policy upkeep
- Providing an employment-advisory service to young people who seek YWRC support
- Maintaining advisory records
- Health & Safety
- Tracking and managing their own time and workload
Applications close at midday on Friday, May 5th. For more information and/or a full Job Description, email Mel on email@example.com.
YWRC Services Manager